Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Presidential Candidate

All geared up for the 2008 Presidential Elections about a day after Bush's re inauguration, I thought that Senator John McCain (R-AZ) was my man. He was an experienced politician that, I thought, stood by his principles. He was a man that, despite the neo-conservative Republicans being in power, believed in small government and the liberties of every single United States citizen.

In late 2006, I found out that I was wrong. Sen. McCain changed his stance on the war and even started to support the Administration's war policies. Worse! He completely ignored any infringement of citizens' rights in the bills that he passed. I was discouraged and figured that I had lost my presidential candidate for the 2008 election.

Enter summer boredom and a chance article catching my attention on Digg. I read the article and find out that these guys are vehemently supporting the guy named Ron Paul. Who is Ron Paul? I researched him.

Ron Paul is an experienced Representative of Texas. He previously ran for President in 1988 as a Libertarian and joined the Republican party in 1996 to win his seat. However, Ron Paul has been sort of a lone maverick in the Congress and not many people know why. I do. Rep. Paul votes according to the Constitution, according the Rule of Law that we have so forgotten in this country. He votes in favor of the Constitution was amazing persistence and his views coincide with mine. This man is my political hero.

It just so happens that he's running for President in the GOP Party. Ron Paul is my Presidential Candidate.

No comments: