Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hitting the Streets for Ron Paul: Part 3

Tonight, I needed to get some cheese. No, not money or superfluous government spending. Nor is it an excretion for the body. I needed American cheese that came from the milk of cows that was then processed to become cheese. So, I went to WalMart.

I had some time; so, I thought, "Why not just stand outside for about an hour and promote Ron Paul outside of WalMart?" I did so. A half an hour, 50 'you are weird' looks and 1 conversation with a guy that knew who Ron Paul was later, I was confronted by an assistant manager of WalMart and told that I couldn't stand outside. She told me that I had to call the manager in the morning and ask permission. She was nice about it and wasn't trying to be mean. It was just company policy. I understood and left. I then went to Kroger and K-Mart and asked the managers if I could hold a sign supporting a presidential candidate outside. They, respectfully, told me that I couldn't do that. Although a bit disheartened that I couldn't support my candidate, I learned a few things about campaigning. Corporations aren't going to let you promote things on their property. Instead, you are better off promoting your views at a public location full of people.

In the near future, I will be going to a mall and trying my luck there. We also have a MeetUp on Saturday that I'm looking forward to.

No comments: